ATKINS DIET SOUP
Nutritional Value Per Cup : 136 calories
4g fat, 4g net carbs, 19g protein
Servings: 2 Cups
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh garlic minced
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups celery root peeled and chopped into ½ inch cubes (or cauliflower, jicama, radish, turnip)
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast chopped
- 2 cups yellow squash sliced and quartered
- 1 cup green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cups swiss chard chopped (or collards – NOT KALE)
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large soup pot, cook the bacon and olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes.
Add the onions, garlic, sundried tomatoes, and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes.
Pour in the chicken stock and water, then add the celery root and chicken. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the squash, green beans, and swiss chard and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the red wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in the fresh basil just before serving.