- 10 cups bone broth or chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 1/2 cups diced butternut squash
- 2 cups jicama, peeled and chopped small into “rice”
- 4 cups cooked, shredded or chopped chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar sea
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine the broth, garlic powder, dried oregano, celery, butternut squash and jicama in a large pot.
Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer (uncovered) for 30 minutes, or until veggies are fork tender.
Add the chicken and cook for another 5 minutes, or until heated through (don’t cook the chicken too long or it will get tough.)
Remove from the heat and add the parsley and apple cider vinegar.
Season with sea salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Serving Size: 2 cups