KETO PARMESAN-BREADED EGGPLANT PIZZAS
45.9 g fat
36.3 g carbohydrates
31 g protein;
Calories: 665 kcal
- 2 medium eggplant sliced into 3/4-inch-thick rounds
- salt as needed
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp water
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 8 ounce package sliced pepperoni
1. Place eggplant slices on a double layer of paper towels and sprinkle salt generously on both sides. Allow to stand at least 30 minutes to draw out moisture.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with oil.
3. Mix almond flour, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper together in a wide, flat container.
4. Mix eggs and water together in a separate wide, flat container.
5. Rinse eggplant slice to remove salt and pat dry. Dredge each slice thoroughly in egg wash, coat with breading, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining breading if any eggplant is still exposed.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until tops are slightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes. Rotate slices carefully and bake until nicely browned and tender, 5 to 8 minutes more.
7. Spoon pizza sauce equally on top of baked eggplant slices, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and add pepperoni. Return baking sheet to the oven and bake until cheese is melted and eggplant is completely cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes more.