LOW CARB MINI CREAM PUFFS
Calories: 95 kcal
- 3 tbsp cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 drops Liquid Stevia
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 13.66 oz can coconut milk, refrigerated
- 30 drops Liquid Stevia
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. Make the puffs: In a large mixing bowl add the cream cheese and the egg yolks - separate the whites out and add to another medium mixing bowl.
3. Add cream of tartar to the whites and beat the egg whites to stiff peaks - set aside.
4. Add 20 drops liquid stevia and 1 tsp vanilla extract to the cream cheese and yolk bowl, and beat using a hand mixer until combined.
5. Fold the whites into the cream cheese mixture with a spatula until fully combined.
6. Distribute the puff mixture into a 24 cup silicone mold (linked in the blog post above). You can also use a larger mold such as a cupcake mold, but you will have larger cream puffs.
7. Bake for 25 minutes. If using a larger mold bake for 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
8. Make the filling: remove all the hardened coconut milk from the can and transfer to a large bowl. Whip it up until smooth in consistency.
9. Add in 30 drops liquid stevia and the coconut flakes and combine.
10. Fill a Ziploc bag with the cream, cut the tip and pipe it onto half of the puffs. Top all the creamed puffs with the other halves. Enjoy!