LOW CARB RED CABBAGE, MINT, AND GRANNY SMITH APPLE SLAW
Nutritional Value Per 1 Cup:
80 calories, 6g fat, 5.5g net carbs, 1g protein
- 2 cups raw Granny Smith apples chopped or cut into matchsticks
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 8 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/4 cup avocado oil any light salad oil will work
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute honey for Paleo
Cut your apples first and toss them with the lemon juice to prevent browning. Combine the apples, cabbage, and fresh mint in a large serving bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and sweetener. Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss well to coat.
This recipe will keep for 3 or 4 days in the fridge, but looks prettiest in the first hour or two, before the red color seeps into everything. So if you’re bringing it to a party or serving it to guests, don’t dress it until right before serving.