- Poaching liquid
- 2 quarts water
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 454 g raw shrimp (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 limes
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 85 g diced seeded peeled cucumber ( ¼-inch dice)
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 85 g diced seeded tomato
- 1 avocado, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped cilantro leaves, plus more leaves for garnish
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Combine water and ¼ cup salt in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Add shrimp and immediately turn off the heat. Let the shrimp sit until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes.
Chop the shrimp into ½-inch pieces and place in a medium nonreactive bowl. Add lemon, lime and orange juice. Stir in cucumber, onion, and chiles. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Stir tomato, avocado, chopped cilantro, oil and ¼ teaspoon salt into the shrimp mixture. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.
11 g fat(2 g sat)
2 g fiber
9 g carbohydrates
9 g protein