SPICY EGG CURRY
Calories: 366 kcal
- 3 large eggs hard boiled
- 1 medium shallot finely diced
- 1 tsp ground ginger minced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 medium red chili I used a Thai Chili(1 in the curry, 2 for garnish)
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Pink salt
1. Finely dice the ginger, garlic, shallot and Thai chili (remove seeds to reduce the heat level). Grate the nutmeg. Peel the hard boiled eggs.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of ghee on medium heat in a nonstick pan. Add the hard boiled eggs and cook until the eggs have a crispy exterior. Remove eggs and set aside.
3. Add the ginger, garlic, shallots, and chili to the pan with the remaining ghee. Allow it to cook down for a minute (don't let the garlic burn). Now add the remaining spices, mix, and cook for 1 minute (this will bring out the flavor of the spices).
4. Add 1/2 cup of water (you can opt for coconut milk to reduce the spice of the dish and give it a Thai twist) to the mixture and turn the heat on high. We will now start reducing the curry mixture down. When the water is almost completely gone and the curry is a paste, add the eggs back in, along with 2 whole Thai chili's and cook for another 1 minute while stirring.
5. To serve, place the eggs in a bowl with tongs and spoon the curry over top. Enjoy!